How to disable voice over lte (volte)
How to disable voice over lte (volte)
Volte is one of the latest technological advances. It allows you to make calls in metropolitan France via the internet. Many Operators and Different Smartphones offered this Function.
Some users have questions about how this technology works and the rules around it. Here are the ANSWERS !
Volt: What is it?’is it possible to use volte?’is ?
Volte is a technology available on lte/4g phones. This is the Abbreviation for Voice Over Long-Term Evolution. It allows you to make voice calls using or 4G networks.
You can also use it to call people over the internet, on the 4G Network.
You don't do to install a specific application to do it. This function can be supported by the device.
However, it is not a recent innovation. Calls on the 4G Network are possible since 2014. Major Operators Already Offer Volte.
Bouygues Telecom Brupt This Technology to France in 2015 in 2015. Orange followed follows in 2016. SFR is Doing the Same in 2017, then free in 2021.
Volt is Enabled by Default on 4g-Enabled Phone. You just need to update the software to use. Some Settings Changes are required if you are using an iPhone or Other Apple Cell Phone.
The Benefits of Volte
Using volte allows you to take advanced technology. The 4G Network was previously dedicated to the Internet Connection. Calls Switch to 2g or 3G.
With the Advent of Volte, Phone Conversations Are Made On 4G.
The Main Benefits of Volte Are:
- The Speed of Data Transfer: No More Waiting Time Between Sending and Receiving A Call;
- The Sound Quality of A Phone Call;
- The Ability to Use the Call and File Transfer Functions at the same time;
- No additional Costs: Phone Calls are charged with independently of the data used. However, video calls can be deducted from the Amount of Data available;
- The Ability to Receive An SMS During A Phone Call;
- The Ability to Take or Make A Call While Connected To The Internet.
What You Need to make Volte Calls ?
Volte Technology is not for Everyone. There are conditions to take advantage of it:
- You must have a smartphone that is compatible with the 4G/LTE Network;
- You must be in an Area where you can receive 4G;
- Volte is supported by the Sim Card, the Operator and the Mobile Device Used;
- Your plan must be compatible with volte: prepaid offered, blocked plan, etc. ;
- Volte Function is active;
- The Software Provided by the Manufacturer or the Operator has not been modified;
- Calls are made in Metropolitan France.
The List of Compatible Devices is available on the Internet and the Customer Area of Operators who offered this Technology. All the Latest Generation of Mid-Strange and High-End Smartphones are included. If necessary, you can contact your network operator to know the software compatible.
On the other hand, to Enjoy an HD Call, The Person You Are Talking To Should Also Be Using The Lte Network.
How to disable it ?
Operators are free to define the conditions of use of volte calls. If visios are part of the internet consumption for bouygues, orange considers them as classic calls.
As for the Deactivation of Volte, the Conditions Are Again Defined by Your Operator.
To disable this feature on an Android phone:
- Go to the Settings;
- Go to the "connection" section;
- Open "Mobile Networks";
- Uncheck the "Calls via 4G" or "volte" box.
- Go to the Settings of the Device;
- Go to "Cellular Data";
- Enter the Options;
- Choose "4G activate";
- Check "Data Only.
Without Volte, Calls Are Always Routed to the 3G or 2G Network. Disabiling the feature may affect the internet connection or cause data overage when making video calls.
What is the different Between Volte and Vowifi ?
Volte and vowifi have similar functions. They allow you to make calls via the internet. The notable different lies in the network used.
Volte Redes on the Operator's. Vowifi, on the other hand, needs a wifi connection (via a box or router) to work. It is impossible to make a vowifi call over a 4g network.
The wifi calling option can be found in the setings for phones that offered it.
These two functions can coexist without any problem. A Volt-Enabled Phone can also work with vowifi. When you make a call, The Network Automatically Chooses The Most followed.
The Ability to Surf The Internet During A Phone Conversation is also a common feature of volte and vowifi. Some places are only better served by mobile networks and others by wifi. In Any Case, The One That Is Used (Wifi or Lte) is displayed at the top of the phone screen during calls.