Work in the USA WHICH IS CONCEDED by the L1 VISA
Working in the USA: Who is affected by the L1 Visa ?
The L1 Visa, also Known as the’« Intracompany transfered visa » is the visa that allows a multinational company to transfer an employed from its country to the usa. In general, this permission s’OBTAINS EASILY WHEN THE EMPLOYEE CONDITED MEETS ALL THE REQUIRED CONDITIONS. The Later Could Even Claim The Green Card with this visa.
If you are about to’be transferred to the United States, this information about the L1 Visa Will Surely Interest You.
Visa L1: The Conditions to be by the multinational
In the case of’A Transfer to the USA, HE RETURNED FROM’First to the Company Itself to fulfill the Conditions of’ObTaining the L1 Visa, Before Thinking of Mutating One of its Employees. Whatever its Wingspan and Even Having A Subsidiary on American Soil, it can only obtain a authorization if it complies the following Conditions:
- To begin with, it must be the hand society and establish the evidence of’A link with l’US appendix,
- AS A Parent Company, It must have at least 51 % of the shares in the American Branch. Otherwise, the main leader must be the majority shareholder both in the parent company and in the’Annexed,
- The Employee to Be Transferred Must have served in the’Main Company for a Full Year and continuously in the Last Three Years,
- The LATTER MUST BE COMPETENT ENOUGH TO SUPERVISE’Other Employed in Case Their Visa Needs to Be Renewed,
- Finallly, he must be transferred to the same position as the one’He occupieds within the parent company.
For’be sure to complete all these formalities correctly, it is possible to Call A Law Firm’SPECIALIZED LAWYER WILL HELP YOU THROUGHOUT The Process.
Eligible people for an L1 Visa
It is not enough to’Be an Employee of the Parent Company to obtain the L1 Visa. You must not only to be in charge of’A specific position, but also, and above all, having the’One of the Three Specific statuss Below: Manager, Executive or Specialist.
They’Concretely Acts’A Leader with the following skills:
- He must have the skills to lead an entire departure,
- He must be able to manage his subordinates with the American branch, with look to the supervision, the controlôThe and the’management,
- as a leader of’In departure, it must make important decisions.
In the Same Way as the Manager, The Manager is also a potential beneficiary of the l1 visa on condition that he’have the following skills:
- He must be able to lead and manage a large part of the company,
- The Objectives and Policy of the’Organization must come under its jurisdiction,
- In Making Important Decisions about’Interest of the’Company, The Manager Must Demonstrate’agility.
Remember that’An Executive Transferred to the USA acquired Priority Worker Status After’A Year. There, he has the full right to Ask and D’Get Green Card.
You are transferred for your Specialized Knowledge in Field Concerning the Activities of the Parent Company, then you can benfit from the L1B Visa. You must be able to pass on your know-How to World in the American Branch.
The Documents To Be Provided For The’OBTAINING THE L1 VISA
Before you go to the’Embassy for your interview, certain documents are required to facilitate the’obtaining your visa. All D’First, you must Provide Forms i-129s and i-797 in 3 signed copies each. You'll Need a letter from the employment made on paper, indicating with precision the position, the date of hiring, the basic salary and the duration of your mission.
Next, you will need to include the receipt province that you paid the $ 500 for the anti-fraud fee. Finallly, you will have to provide documents Proving That During the Last Three Years Preceding Your Visa Application, you have worked for a full year on behalf of the’Main Business.
The Validity Period of the L1 Visa
As part of’A Job, The L1 Visa Gives You The Right to Reside On American Soil For A Period of:
- 1 Year if you are transferred for a new subsidiary. It is renewable provid that substidiary proves the’existence of’A Real Economic Activity, its ability to support the wage bill through figures figures’Substantial Affairs,
- 3 Years If You Leave for An Already Existing Branch and Always Active,
- 5 Years Old at Most if you hold the L1A Visa, C’That is to say if you are an executive or manager of the subsidiary located in the USA,
- 7 Years Old at Most if you hold the L1B Status. In Other Words, when you are employed, but with specific skills without the American Branch.
Practical Questions about Visa L1
Potential candidates for’Obtaining this visa often arises a number of questions when applying. They generally concern the type of’Activity of the American Subsidiary, the Number of Employees It must have and the’Available permission to the Family of the Transferred Employee.
Note that’He does’there is no restriction as to the nature of the’Activity of the American Branch. More specificly, shey’is not obliged to’Perform the Same Activity AS The Parent Company. On the contrary, she has the right to’Exercise at Parallel Activity, sincere’it fulfills the required conditions.
Then, The American Subsidiary N’a nor l’obligation to’register a large number of employed nor to respect a given figure. In the same logic, the manager or executive concerned’is not obliged to manage a complete team of collaborators to have its visa.
Each member of your family will be able to obtain the l2 visa if they’existence of’a family relationship with you. It is is Issued to your spouse and your unmarried children under the age of 21. The L2 Visa Allows Spouses who Hold it to’obtain a work permit as well as the right to’Go to the’school.
As an L1 Status Holder, your spouse is authorized to practice on profession on American soil. On the other hand, he must’First Get the’Authorization from the Service’Immigration and Naturalization.